I’m a bit of a neat freak and the idea of having a bag with a bunch of shit all over the place gives me anxiety. Knowing by day 2 on this trip nothing will be in it’s original place, I set out to find some solutions to this problem.
Not surprisingly – others have solved this problem by using packing cubes and clothing compression kits. Cubes keep things organized – compression kits help you fold items without wrinkles.
Through my research I found Eagle Creek to generally be the standard for good, quality travel gear. Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Starter Set, Black, One Size is a good place to start. Comes with two packing cubes and one compression pack.
Proof is in the pudding, so I bought it and put it to the test. Needless to say, I am very impressed:
After leaving these compressed for over 24 hours, there were minimal wrinkles. It reduced the size to about half, while also protecting my clothes. Glad to answer any additional questions – please leave comments!
What I am using for my trip
- Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Starter Set, Black, One Size
- This comes with 2 packing cubes and a compression pack for dress shirts or other items that are susceptible to wrinkles
- Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Compression Cube Set – 2pc Set
- These are compression cubes – come with an additional zipper to compress the cubes. Definitely recommend.
Many other options are available – here are a few:
- TravelWise Packing Cube System – Durable 5 Piece Weekender Plus Set [2014 Version] (Teal)
- AmazonBasics 4-Piece Packing Cube Set – Small, Medium, Large, and Slim, Sky Blue
- Pro Packing Cubes – 6 Piece Lightweight Travel Packing Cubes Set – Organizers and Compression Pouches System for Carry-on Luggage Accessories, Suitcase and Backpacking. Slim, Medium & Large
- 6 sets travel Organizers Packing Cubes Luggage Organizers Compression Pouches