Day 6 of creating 10 ideas a day.
It’s Friday – which intimidated me a little bit as far as keeping up with 10 ideas. Anyways, it’s weekend time and here’s what I am thinking.
If you like one of these ideas, take it and run with it!
- Instrument instruction videos with rental – I have always wanted to learn and instrument, but don’t really know where to start. I don’t want to dish out a bunch of money, but would love to sample different instruments and see what I like.
- Solar powered windows – Can you imagine if every single window was solar powered? Skyscrapers would become some of the most economical and beneficial assets to the power grid.
- Video game to build a city – I’m sure this is out there, but I got the thought from roller coaster tycoon. That was one of my favorite games, but would be awesome if I could build a virtual city and see how it’s populated.
- Universal online gaming – With every web and app being able to easily communicate with API’s, why can’t I play my friend who has FIFA 16 on PS4 just because I have Xbox One.
- Indoor Snowboarding/Skiing Facilities – I wrote in an early blog post about having indoor beaches in cold climates, but what about the opposite. Indoor mountains and terrain parks for snowboarding. Something that kills these seasonal hills is not being able to control the weather, why not remove the problem all together?
- App to trade video games – I don’t want to rent games, and I don’t necessarily want to pay full price for new games. But, I do get sick of old games and want new ones. I am sure there are others out there I could trade with.
- Satellite powered phones, cheap – This is a shoutout to the company OneWeb. If you haven’t heard of them, they are an amazing company, doing amazing things. Essentially they are launching hundreds of satellites into low orbit to give internet connection to the entire world. Why not leverage this technology to and mass produce satellite cell phones that can also use the satellites.
- Bucket list deal app – Everyone has one, even if it’s not on paper. Mine usually involves travel and a lot of it. I would love to input my bucket list items and then be told when there are deals around achieving those items.
- Help near me app – There are a bunch of sites out there that offer on-demand services. From someone who loves to make an extra buck here-and-there, I would enjoy an app that I can do quick tasks for people that are close to me (proximity) and they pay me cash. I don’t want to be taxed.
- Universal meal card – A good friend of mine always carries around single dollar McDonald’s gift cards to give to homeless people as he sees them on the street. A great gesture that goes a long way. How great would it be to give them a pre-loaded card that they could go to a number of food places of their choosing?
Idea Shoutout: My man, @ – Uber for Pickup Trucks – Corey just moved to Chicago and has been on the hunt for furniture. After making a reservation (yes, reservation) at a Mid-Century, Modern furniture store, he found himself with a sweet sofa. Unfortunately, their delivery fees were astronomical, so Corey had to rent a van that wasn’t the most convenient thing. If he could have just requested an UberPickup, all his problems would have been solved –@.
Note: I am not vetting the ideas, so some may exist. Please comment if they do!